LITTLE AND BIG DARLINGS
Children usually respond extremely well to reflexology as they are often more open and responsive than adults. Children do not hold onto years and years of stress and bad habits and often only two or three reflexology sessions can be beneficial.
Reflexology has no boundaries in terms of age limit, so this makes it accessible to babies as well as teenagers. Reflexology may help not only with the physical functions but also the emotional changes that take place as we grow.
BENEFITS OF REFLEXOLOGY FOR CHILDREN
- Because of the nature of the treatment, it is not intimidating to children
- Reflexology can be made ‘fun’ by incorporating play into the session e.g. allowing the child to bring along a favourite toy to be ‘treated’
- Parents can easily pick up certain techniques to use on their child
- Children can be made aware of their body in a positive manner, which can increase their self-esteem
A FEW CONDITIONS
REFLEXOLOGY MAY HELP YOUR BUBBAS WITH
Although I cannot go into detail here about every illness a child can possibly get, it is useful to know that reflexology can be beneficial for the most common childhood ailments. The following list is by no means definitive but reflexology may help with the following conditions:
- Hyperactivity / underactivity – hyper children calm down with reflexology and sluggish children are stimulated and energised.
- Fever & infection
- Respiratory disorders
- Bed wetting
- Ear disorders, including glue ear
- Developmental difficulties
- Digestive Disorders
- Skin problems including eczema
- Emotional problems
- Hormonal problems in puberty
- Respiratory infections
- Sleep disturbances
- Skin Disorders
During the treatment, I will aim to make your child as relaxed and comfortable as possible so they will enjoy the session and want you to continue treating them in your own time.
I can provide you with a chart and a routine specifically designed to treat your child and will explain in simple, easy to understand terms how you can perform simple reflexology techniques on your child to help ease many conditions.
Generally, young children take very well to reflexology, especially when done by a parent, because it gives them a sense of security and nurturing. Regular “treatments” by parents not only bring parents and children together, but by its very nature it focuses attention on each other in a warm, loving and un-distracted way.
Childhood illnesses will come and go, but regular reflexology may not only help children get over ailments more quickly, but I believe that children who have regular treatments come down less often with colds, upset stomachs, earaches, sore throats, even car sickness, as reflexology may strengthen the immune system.
I love teaching parents simple reflexology techniques they can use on their children to comfort and help ease minor ailments. I will create an easy to follow plan for you to do at home and children love the one to one time this can provide. It is great for strengthening bonds and communication whatever the age of your big and little baby.
Try this little routine at bed time to help settle and relax your little darlings.
VIDEO COMING SOON….